Do what you love or love what you do?

Thursday, January 06, 2011

IMG_1963

Some random stuff on my study desk. That is a vintage C2 Leica I've just bought yesterday. It's my first film camera, and I got it at a really good price (I think), considering that most Leica cameras are very expensive (like this Leica M9, it's currently being sold at usd 8000 (?!), somewhere around that range of price). 
It's not that I'm a big fan of films but I've just enrolled into a part time photography class here and we were being taught from the very basic. So I thought it would be nice to get one.

IMG_1967

School has started for me around a week ago. I've even got my course schedule for the next 2 years until I graduate. It's only the second week of school and I can already imagine how my life is going to evolve for the next 2 years. Being in the degree level, i must say, is really different from the previous diploma class. I am not whining, nor do I complain here. But it's like a slap in the face to me now, a hard slap. I wouldn't be able to slack as much as I did like before again if I do want good and not just average results. I even have the thought to ditch unnecessary social life starts from today on and just devote most of my time into studying. For those who know me most, you know I am not this type of person. But now reality hits me hard, I only have these 2 years left, and I really want to do it good.
The course that I'm taking now might not be the one that has my best interest at heart, but at least I know I would gain something from here and I definitely don't want to be a sore loser in the end.
End of speech-

You Might Also Like

0 comments