Te Puia, Christchurch and beyond

Sunday, August 16, 2015

P7170242.jpg
NZ2_3.jpg
P7170263.jpg
P7170244.jpg
P7170268.jpg
P7170254.jpg
P7170287.jpg
NZ2_4.jpg
P7170291.jpg
P7170270.jpg
P7170337.jpg
Sunsets and rainbows always look so amazingly beautiful in NZ, it's unreal.
P7170328.jpg
P7170336.jpg
P7170298.jpg
P7170309.jpg
P7180359.jpg
P7180398-Edit.jpg
P7180381.jpg
P7180409.jpg
NZ2_2.jpg
P7180399.jpg
NZ2_1.jpg

Part 2 of my visual diary in NZ...Oh still adjusting to the habit of taking through the process of editing and uploading each of them photos in a real step by step phase, please bear with me. So, here we have the first part of the photos taken in Te Puia, home of the famous Pohutu geyser located in Rotorua (oh such perfect backdrop for an outfit photos). I just would like to say that I count myself so lucky to have been able to travel to a few different parts of the world that I've never been before, and being in Te Puia is definitely one of the highlights of this trip.

Second half of the photos was taken in Christchurch while exploring MonaVale and the city surrounds it. We flew to Christchurch on our 4th day in NZ after exploring the north, I would have to admit that life in New Zealand is pretty slow (which was refreshing), even in the largest city of the Southern island such as Christchurch. My first impression of Christchurch goes like 'Man this city is so quiet it actually gave me some chills'. There were lots of residential houses but strangely really little sight of humans strolling around town, I thought to myself it was probably just during winter and people don't really go out that much although this outtake is yet to be confirmed.

Nevertheless, Christchurch in my memories was still as beautiful as how I expected a big city in NZ should be, although it is still recovering from the massive earthquake that hit the city about 4 years ago which I learnt during the trip. Bottom line, we spent too little time in the city to actually figure out and explore more of what it has to offer and also supported by the fact that it is still in the midst of construction to finalize the rebuilding itself (insert sad + sweat smiley if you get it here). 

PS: Posting on a Sunday here and couldn't be much happier that it's Monday tomorrow. Translate that into an off-day-Monday (aaah that's pretty amazing feeling) It's gonna be a full red and white day tomorrow for the 70th Independence day of Indonesia, which is exciting! Well, just hoping it's not going to cause some traffic madness around.

Laters! X





You Might Also Like

0 comments